From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-10 07:21:00

From: "Greg Comeau" <comeau_at_[hidden]>

> >I'm not sure this one is such a great idea.
>
> Initial support was added yesterday.
> As we understand boost further, this will be completed.
>
> >It would be much better to
> >provide generalized non-boost-specific support for build systems to add
> >include paths in the right places, IMO.
>
> It's not necessarily instead of that, but in addition to that.
> IOWs, neither are great ideas, nor bad ideas, just quality of
> implementation issues in handling the different preferences that
> people have in doing this kind of thing. I need to accomodate
> people who have no interest in build systems, as well as those
> who do, and then some, why is that a problem?

Boost doesn't require any special support from compilers to get #include
directories into the command-line, but if you want to spend resources on
that I guess I can't stop you. I do worry a little that people who have
trouble getting your "boost-specific" feature to work will come to us
instead of you for support, but that's a minor issue. An area you might
look at, if you're interested in supporting boost well, is automatically
generating specializations for some of the type traits library templates,
such as has_trivial_destructor<>.

-Dave