From: Rene Rivera (grafik666_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-10 15:41:21

[2002-07-10] Gennadiy Rozental wrote:

>Hi,
>
>My jamfile is located in libs/test/build. It defines among others library
>test_exec_monitor.
>To link with that library I need to refer to it like this:
><lib>libs/test/build/test_exec_monitor
>Grist "build" seems to be excessive. So I created Jamfile for directory
>libs/test with following content:
>
>subproject libs/test ;
>subinclude build ;
>
>Expecting that now I will be able to refer to the library like this
><lib>libs/test/test_exec_monitor
>But this does not seems to work as I expected.
>
>Could somebody help?

Given that the Jamfile in libs/test/build/test_exec_monitor should have
this:

subproject libs/test/build/test_exec_monitor ;

That's the path that is required to refer to targets there. Including it
from fromwhere else doesn't change it's subproject path.

For shorter names you'll have to wait for Boost.Build V2, as that will
support project IDs.

-- grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- rrivera_at_[hidden] - grafik_at_[hidden]
-- 102708583_at_icq - Grafik666_at_AIM - Grafik_at_[hidden]