From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-11 14:18:58

At 05:00 PM 7/10/2002, William E. Kempf wrote:

>Beman, if you'd like I could volunteer to do some of this for you. I
could
>produce the XSLT file, and if it's easier I could even modify the
>executables output to be XML after you get a working HTML version
>finalized.
>What ever is easier/best for you, and assuming you agree that XML is a
>better output choice here.

I'm interested, and it would probably be easy to modify the programs once
they are stable to output XML.

But step back a bit. I quickly scanned back over this thread, and didn't
see anyone explaining the benefits from generating XML as they would apply
to regression. In other words, if the sole use is to look at the output
with a web browser, why bother?

If we needed the final output in several formats, or to communicate data
between unrelated parties, I understand the benefits of XML. But I'm
missing the benefits as far as our regression tests go. Does anyone want to
do something with the results beyond look at them with a web browser?

--Beman