From: Ronald Garcia (garcia_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-11 16:51:49

> > From: "Beman Dawes" <bdawes_at_[hidden]>
> > >
> > > But step back a bit. I quickly scanned back over this thread, and
> didn't
> > > see anyone explaining the benefits from generating XML as they would
> apply
> > > to regression. In other words, if the sole use is to look at the output
> > > with a web browser, why bother?

Since it is easy to generate HTML or XML from a test framework, perhaps it
makes sense to generate both. Thus, the boost web pages are not dependent
upon XML tools (at least for now), and anyone who wishes to experiment
with the XML output may do so. If XML is later found to be useful for
managing boost (Bill Kempf suggested some possibilities), then HTML output
could be deprecated. Generating both formats should require minimal
effort over generating either.