From: Crusader Mike (mp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-16 05:13:26

                Hi, people.

  I've got an idea how to improve STL containers (and any container at all).
The main idea is to move all necessary operations that container needs to do
to the 'trait' class. These operations are:
    void init(T&) throw();
    void release(T const&) throw();
    void move(T& src, T& trg) throw();
    void copy(T const& src, T& trg);

   This will help container to handle all data types in the same generic
way. Even more -- container will be more efficient since 'move()' operation
usually can be more efficient than operator=(). And with this addition
container can gracefully handle types that has associated resource. (BSTR,
handles and so on). I implemented simple holder class that can be used to
hold any data type.

    If someone interested -- let me know... Then I'll start submission
process...

Bye.
                    Sincerely yours, Mike.