From: Phil Nash (phil.nash.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-16 09:25:33

[Hubert Holin]
> I would find the following useful: a table which gave for each
> compiler deficiency of importance to us, and for each boost-supported
> compiler the information of whether the deficiency is present or not.
>
> In other words, something like (one table per platform):
>
> MCWPro8 Gcc2.95 GCC3.02
> BOOST_NO_TEMPLATE_TEMPLATES X
> BOOST_NO_ARGUMENT_DEPENDENT_LOOKUP X ?
>
> We can, or rather should, be able to get this information from reading
> the headers, but this whould be clearer and easier to use (if
> politically incorrect :-) ).

Hmmm... That's got me thinking... perhaps a compiler compliancy matrix could
be maintained in an XML file. It could be viewable from the website by using
a simple stylesheet. The configuration header file(s) could be generated
from the XML using an XSTL stylesheet too!
Personally I think this would be an excellent tool, but what do others
think?

[)o
IhIL..