From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-16 15:54:16

At 06:50 AM 7/16/2002, Joerg Baumann wrote:

>after receiving only approving comments I cleaned up the code and put it
>on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boost/files/make_string/make_string1.cpp
>
>This is (basically) only one useful little helper class.
>I don't think it is enough for a whole boost library, but I don't see
were
>it would fit into nicely.
>
>If this gets your approval, I will try to change and boostify it
>accroding to your suggestions and perhaps dare an submission.

Darin Adler started a little library he called string algorithms last
year. See http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boost/files/string_algorithm/

I don't know if make_string would fit with these, but you might want to
take a look.

Darin has moved to a new job that is tying up all his time. If someone
wanted to take over the string algorithms, I'm sure he would be supportive.

It would be a better use of everyone's time, I think, if a library to be
reviewed contains more that just "one little helper class".

--Beman