From: David B. Held (dheld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-17 16:44:13

"Fernando Cacciola" <fcacciola_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> From: "Philippe A. Bouchard" <philippeb_at_[hidden]>
>
> > Well it looks like 'compound literals' that are supported by ISO C99.
> > Comeau, BCC and most likely VC++ are erroneous.
> >
> No they are not.
> Compound literals are part of the C language, not C++.
> Even if those compilers were able to parse C99 code, squad_ptr<>
> definitely isn't C. So the initialization is illegal and should not be
compiled.

In addition, Comeau's compiler is the closest thing to the "living standard"
available. ;) I'd be very suprised if it got a conformance issue wrong. I
believe
it does support C99, but since C99 is not a part of the ISO/ANSI C++98
standard (for obvious reasons), it probably does not do so in C++ mode.

Dave