From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-18 17:27:32

David Abrahams wrote:
> > > Aleksey, what have you done to ensure that all the quirky
> > > platform-specific work-arounds of the existing type_traits are
> > > still in effect?
> >
> > Leaved them in place and ran the tests? :).
>
> Did you? On which platforms?

Yes, on Windows, that is, on the same compilers that are listed here -
http://www.mywikinet.com/mpl/log.html.

> Are you getting the same results?

Yep. Actually, better - more of the new tests are passing with the new
headers than with the old ones.

> Yeah, testing this library is difficult. I'd be interested in
> discussing what an improved test would look like.

Me too. First thing I would do (and have done) is to split the test files in
the same ways the headers are splitted - one test per trait. Somehow it
makes you willing to put more work in testing each particular trait :).

Aleksey