From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-19 15:21:29

Doug,

You can do it at runtime, but not compile-time. However, most compile-time
things can be turned into runtime things that get compiled-away. It looks
like you need the return type to be separated for MSVC, though, so you can
declare the return type of operator(), but you might still be able to get
this to work for the argument types.

Oh, well, I guess deprecation isn't in the cards...

-Dave