From: Ron Garcia (garcia_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-20 13:31:35

David Abrahams wrote:

>From: "Beman Dawes" <bdawes_at_[hidden]>
>

>>Should we being to transition Boost code to the more correct #include "boost/..." form?
>>

>Other libraries I know about that get installed in central locations on users' systems use <> by
>convention as well.

In your experience with Boost.Build, was any particular variations of
behavior with regards to <> vs "" search paths more prevalent than others?

My tendency has been to use angle brackets for standard headers and
system files (note that I work in a mostly unix-centric environment),
quotes for everything else. I mostly work on machines where I do not
have the freedom to place headers wherever I please, which biases my view.

With respect to your python example, do you know if any explicit
decision was made, or could it just be the preference of the author of
the example you shared.

Finally, is there any technical benefit to one style over the other
given the current state of compiler implementations?

ron