From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-23 06:13:06

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> > I think for the case you're testing above, a fully
> > compile-time test is probably more appropriate.
>
> But in this case you may not know what fails and where the
> errors are. The only thing you will see is something like
> STATIC_ASSERTION_FAILURE<0> is undefined

A short answer is that I don't care. The library's policy is to use one test
file per facility, and knowing that a component test failed is enough to
determine how much of library's functionality is available (or unavailable)
for a particular compiler (which is basically what a test results matrix is
for).

Aleksey