From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-23 20:19:16

At 08:49 PM 7/23/2002, David Abrahams wrote:

>> Is it possible to add status/Jamfile entries for at least a few of the
>more
>> important tests? That would be a start.
>
>Did you read what I asked? I can add entries, but they won't use the same
>rules so they won't leave the same residue.

I don't understand that; it seems pretty surprising that an entry like
"run" would have different behavior because the target is in the python
library. But if you say so, we won't use the regular status/Jamfile.

> I'll ask again: what residue
>are you using?

In the target directory, the .output, .success, .failure, and .test files.

 From the bjam output, the compile, link, and run messages.

 From the Jamfile, the "run", "run-fail", "compile", "compile-fail",
"link", and "link-fail" entries.

--Beman