From: Stéphane Bronsart (stephane.bronsart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-24 02:20:01

Hi,

Some week ago, I've alerted about a problem using lexical_cast with signed
number.

ex : signed int number = lexical_cast<signed int>("60000");
return a bad value (the complement) without throwing an exception.

Kevlin email me that that the real problem was certainly in the "local"
implementation (used by iostream, thus by lexical_cast). How to solve these
problem. Who is responsible for that. Who will correct it ?
Please, don't reply that I've to do that myself. I simply don't have the
same level as you for now as a C++ programmers.

Bye.

Stephane Bronsart.