From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-24 03:48:46

> I most certainly don't want to make (most of) MPL's tests run-time. Right
> now I can determine if the compiler passes the test by simply compiling the
> latter, and I would like to keep it this way.

> Aleksey

This is really strange. Especially from your - developer - stand point.
Let say some algorithm like find_if is failing (not compilation error but static assert), i.e. it's result is different them you expected. Would not you be interested to know what type was computed in fact? How are you gonna "debug" you algorithms? And how are you gonna keep track of tests that are passing, supposed to fail and so on. What if, let say algorithm find_if working in all cases but empty type sequence? You will just say find if is unusable while in fact it could be perfectly used in majority of cases. This list of "what if" could be prolonged. Is there specific reason why you want to keep tests compile-time?

Gennadiy.

A free email account your friends will never forget!
Get YOURNAME_at_[hidden] at http://www.emailaccount.com/

Promote your group and strengthen ties to your members with email_at_[hidden] by Everyone.net http://www.everyone.net/?btn=tag