From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-25 06:31:26

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002 01:03:48 +0200, Dietmar Kuehl
<dietmar_kuehl_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>On Wednesday 24 July 2002 23:24, Fernando Cacciola wrote:
>> I get a 'No such article' error on MS OE.
>> Is there any other link?
>> I'm interested in the reasons besides different char types.
>
>It took me a few minutes to find it at google...:
><http://groups.google.com/groups?ie=ISO-8859-1&as_umsgid=94atsm%2427u%246@news.BelWue.DE&lr=&hl=de>
>
>The other reason I came up with at this time was that the manipulator
>does not affect the 'width()' whereas inserting a plain character does
>affect it.

Forgive me, but what is the reason why '\n' resets the width? (It
seems to me that the idea behind the width field, is that it is reset
after an operation that *uses* it. If it is not used it is not reset,
which should IMHO be the case for '\n')

Genny.