From: Tarjei Knapstad (tarjeik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-26 05:28:48

On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 21:20, Eugene Yakubovich wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I apologize for asking user question in developer mailing list, but does
> anyone know if current release of boost will work with MSVC6 AND SXL 3.08
> (from Dinkumware)? Are there any major issues with such config?

CXL (which I assume you mean by SXL?) does not help the fact that
neither MSVC6 or MSVC7 support template template parameters and partial
template specialization which I believe is needed in some parts of Boost
(?). MSVC7.1 (or sevicepack 1 or whatever they call it) is supposed to
support these features of the C++ language when it's released.

See http://boost.org/status/cs-win32.html for the current status on MSVC

--
Tarjei Knapstad