From: Alec Ross (alec_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-27 15:38:10

In message <B9689A93.10C3%sunshine_at_[hidden]>, Ruslan Zasukhin
<sunshine_at_[hidden]> writes
>On 7/27/02 11:50 AM, "Gennadiy Rozental" <rogeeff_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> P.S. BTW What he word Policy mean in your context? I think it could be
>> confusing if it different from more or less established by Andrei
>> terminology.
>
>btw, I wonder if this term was really established by Andrei ?
>
>I have see that in ACE framework (existed many years already) was used
>"policy" also.

ISTM that Andrei certainly has established the idea and terminology
widely in "the culture". But Stroustrup used the idea in C++PL 2e wrt a
Comparator class as a parameter to a Sort class template (8.4.5); and
used the term "policy" in 3e (13.4 and 24.4.1).

--
Alec Ross