From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-29 07:20:04

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 11:49:53 +0100, "John Maddock"
<john_maddock_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> I see that boost/config/compiler/intel.hpp does it like this:
>>
>> # ifndef _NATIVE_WCHAR_T_DEFINED
>> # define BOOST_NO_INTRINSIC_WCHAR_T
>> # endif
>>
>> Where does "_NATIVE_WCHAR_T_DEFINED" come from? I haven't found it in the
>> Intel C++ docs, at least. It's not defined anywhere else in the library,
>> either.
>
>That's actually a VC7 macro that's set when /Zc:wchar_t is used

Are you sure you are not mixing up with _WCHAR_T_DEFINED?
I don't have VC7 but there's no mention of _NATIVE_WCHAR_T_DEFINED in
the MSDN. Moreover _WCHAR_T_DEFINED is not useful to see if
/Zc:wchar_t is used because it is also defined if wchar_t is a
typedef-name.

Genny.