From: Giovanni Bajo (giovannibajo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-30 01:30:21

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aleksey Gurtovoy" <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 4:33 AM
Subject: RE: [boost] MPL containers and algorithms

> Not true, see the above. The choice is determined by the algorithm(s) you
> want to implement/apply, and the typical size of the data being processed,
> in the similar way it's done in run-time STL world.

Can you give us an example where a list is certainly better than a vector?
And another one where a vector is certainly better than a list? Right now,
I'm very fuzzy about which container to use for this or that algorithm in my
code, I think it would be nice to add such guidelines to the documentation
too. I assume that "better" should not be related to compile-time
performance issues (assuming compilers very fast with templates), since you
said this design choice is orthogonal to the support of broken/slow
compilers.

Giovanni Bajo