From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-01 21:55:23

On Thursday 01 August 2002 07:49 pm, Richard Hadsell wrote:
> That's not the same as fuzzy logic, and it would be a very good use of the
> proposed 3-state data type, in my opinion. The third state in this usage
> would be better named 'undecided' or 'undetermined', rather than
> 'indeterminate'. For brevity, however, I suggest 'maybe' as the third
> state. It's just as likely to be applicable as the other possibilities,
> and its meaning is clear as an alternative to 'true' or 'false'.

I see that the naming of 'indeterminate' might be an issue, then. I need the
tribool in the domain of static analysis, where the third value means "I
can't statically determine if this boolean value is true or false, so the
value is indeterminate at compile-time". I'm not overly attached to the name
'indeterminate', and 'maybe' is a lot shorter...

        Doug