From: Victor A. Wagner, Jr. (vawjr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-02 14:23:12

At Friday 2002/08/02 07:40, you wrote:
>On Friday 02 August 2002 10:15 am, Rob Stewart wrote:
> > I agree with the sentiments regarding the name. Of those suggested thus
> > far, I like tristate.
>
>The reason I don't like 'tristate' is that it doesn't convey anything about
>what the 3 states are. I think we have to have 'bool' in the name somewhere
>to make it obvious that true and false are two of the states and that the
>type acts like a boolean.

In a kind of frivolous mood (I'm re-installing VS.NET and have to do
SOMETHING while I can't use the compiler) names that seem obvious (and
unlikely to be used) are:

tool (bool == binary ool, tool == ternary ool)
trool (for those who think tool could be mis-understood, and those
who realize that 'trit' was the only socially acceptable contraction for
ternary digit)
troolean (or worse, spelled: truelean)
trillian (in honor of the maths & astrophysics co-traveller of Zaphod)

I think I've wasted enough of everyone's time now

>[deleted]
>Agreed.
>
> Doug

Victor A. Wagner Jr. http://rudbek.com
PGP RSA fingerprint = 4D20 EBF6 0101 B069 3817 8DBF C846 E47A
PGP D-H fingerprint = 98BC 65E3 1A19 43EC 3908 65B9 F755 E6F4 63BB 9D93
               "There oughta be a law"