From: Carl Daniel (cpdaniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-02 15:26:02

"Carl Daniel" <cpdaniel_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> AFIAK, every C++ compiler in existence has this bug - but I haven't tried
it
> on any of the more recent GCC's, so it might be fixed there. John Spicer
of
> EDG confirmed to me that this is a bug that they're aware of, and it's on
> their list to get fixed eventually. Likewise Jason Shirk of Microsoft - I
> don't know if it's fixed in "VC7.1" or not.

BTW, the key aspect of this bug is argument deduction of function templates.
There are various constructs that will get most compilers to flag this for
the error it is: an explicit instantiation of the template with the
"correct" type(s) before the point of deduction will cause all compilers I
know of to report the deduced case as an error.

-cd