From: Alex Rosenberg (alexr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-03 21:29:03

on 8/3/02 12:12 PM, Beman Dawes at bdawes_at_[hidden] wrote:

> The only thing that changes from system to system is the "system_specific"
> path constructor. Even for cross-platform compilation, that would seem be
> better handled by macros rather than burdening all users with something
> needed only by a tiny percentage of users.

What if I want to parse POSIX and Windows and Mac OS paths all on the same
host (which may or may not be the same as any of those)?

The portable generic format used doesn't support characters that are valid
for some of those filesystems. '/' should be legal for FAT32, NTFS, etc,
right? Both it and '\0' are for HFS+.

As noted in the code, there are some artifacts in path, one of which appears
to be an intent to differentiate files and directories. As it stands, a path
ending with '/' results in a throw. I'd think it would simply result in the
path tagging itself speculatively as a directory.

| Alexander M. Rosenberg <mailto:alexr@_spies.com> |
| Nobody cares what I say. Remove the underscore to mail me. |