From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-05 10:24:54

on 8/4/02 1:21 PM, Thomas Witt at witt_at_[hidden] wrote:

> On Sunday 04 August 2002 08:44, Daryle Walker wrote:
>> on 8/2/02 3:14 PM, Thomas Witt at witt_at_[hidden] wrote:
>>
>> I adding a change to the docs explaining that both the failure-state and
>> exception-state savers can throw on destruction (due to the way the
>> accessors they use interact). I looked at the Standard, and I don't think
>> passing "rdbuf" a NULL pointer doesn't cause a throw.
>
> See 27.4.4.2-6 pg.615
>
> Effect calls clear(). From my understanding this will throw due to badbit
> being set if the exception mask allows for the specific exception.
[TRUNCATE]

Yeah, I see. Setting the rdbuf resets the failure state. The state starts
out as "good" if "rdbuf" isn't NULL, and "bad" if it is NULL. If the "bad"
state is being watched, then a NULL rdbuf can cause an exception.

I'll mention this case in the docs.

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie