From: Fernando Cacciola (fcacciola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-06 15:03:52

Hi everyone,

This aligned storage stuff has been discussed on the list too many times.

Douglas Gregor finally added "type_with_alignment.hpp" to type traits, and
suggested aligned_storage to go on 'utility'.

AFAIK, it never made it to CVS though, so I'm requesting here a formal
review of it so that it can be finally added.

(I'll attach the very small header file in the next message)

This implementation just wraps type_with_alignment, which is already
distributed with 1.28.0, so I figure that the core technique does work
already.

I haven't wrote documentation for it **yet**. It's so small that I wanted to
see first were exactly will it fit into (utility?).

Thanks,

Fernando Cacciola
Sierra s.r.l.
fcacciola_at_[hidden]