From: Louw Badenhorst (sbadenho_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-06 17:11:42

As far as I know the Boost library (or the Standard C++ library for that matter) does not directly support Unicode character code conversion (for example, UTF8 to UTF16, or Latin1 to UTF8, etc.). If I am wrong or miss something here, please forgive and correct me. A number of C libraries and one open source C++ library I am aware of (ICU - International Components for Unicode) provide this kind of Unicode support. Any plans within the Boost developer's community to directly incorporate this kind of functionality in the Boost library?

Thanks,

Louw Badenhorst