From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-07 05:51:19

From: "Victor A. Wagner, Jr." <vawjr_at_[hidden]>

> >We can special case thread<void> to terminate on exceptions, of course,
but
> >a consistent specification would be better.
>
> thread<nothrow> ?? (a poor attempt at levity)

The more I think of it, the more I like the thread<void> special case. It is
logical: when you ask for a thread that returns a value, this implies that
you will join() that thread. When you use thread<void>, you don't care about
the return value.

This allows users to choose the exception handling policy in a natural way
(often requested) without resorting to the...

> maybe it should be a policy

... "We don't know how to design it, so we'll leave the design to you! Don't
you feel empowered?" method.