From: David A. Greene (greened_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-07 15:33:24

Jaakko Jarvi wrote:

> Yes, varable-lenth template parameter lists are definitely useful,
> there are typelists, typles, ... as partial solutions for not having
> direct support for that.

Do you have a reference for a "typle?" First I've heard of it.
Sounds like a tuple of types -- is that right?

> But we were questioning whether having a variable number of _named_
> template parameters is useful, I think not.
> There you pretty much have to know the names of your features you may
> expect the user to provide, and then you know the maximum number
> of template parameters too.

Yes, of course you have to know the names -- but only the
_implementation_ need know those names, right? Hence my
diversion into the pimpl analogy.

What am I missing?

                           -Dave

--
"Some little people have music in them, but Fats, he was all music,
  and you know how big he was."  --  James P. Johnson