From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-07 23:32:42

From: "Philippe A. Bouchard" <philippeb_at_[hidden]>

> I'm sure C++ support of C headers implies integers are size of a machine
> word in C++.

Philippe,

That's not even true in 'C'. The concept of a "machine word" never appears
in either of the standards.
Your postings have consistently shown a disregard for things we care about
here at Boost: portability, standards conformance, and avoiding undefined
behavior. Please get with the program**!

IMO there's little chance of Boost accepting a library which relies heavily
on things like reinterpret_cast<> (which is completely
implementation-dependent) and other nonportable "hacks"; continuing to push
one here just wastes bandwidth.

Thanks,
Dave

** or find another forum with different values.

           David Abrahams * Boost Consulting