From: William E. Kempf (williamkempf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-08 09:20:47

----- Original Message -----
From: "Darryl Green" <green_at_[hidden]>

> Is it really that hard for the main thread to have a different terminate
> handler from the others and/or for thread_terminate() to have per-thread
> configurable handlers defaulting to calling terminate() unless something
> more useful is registered?

Not difficult, just not consistent. The main thread *IS* a thread.
Anything I can do to any other thread I should be able to do to the main
thread. With a thread_terminate() this means I should be able to call it on
the main thread. I can envision the standard being changed to make this
work, but I can't really do it from a library level.

Bill Kempf