From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-08 18:04:00

Long story -- I've been working with a .cvsrc on my windows machine which
contains:

    cvs -z9 --lf

Which tells it to use unix newlines. That's because I was working with a
cross-mounted CVS tree on a linux machine for a while. However, when I make
a new file it starts with DOS line endings unless I say otherwise. So I've
been checking in a lot of files with DOS line endings by mistake. I correct
them as I find them, but haven't been systematic. It's time I removed
the --lf from my .cvsrc, but I have to get a fresh CVS tree in order to do
that.

           David Abrahams * Boost Consulting