From: Paul Mensonides (pmenso57_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-09 17:19:38

----- Original Message -----
From: "Terje Slettebø" <tslettebo_at_[hidden]>

> > Either way, 10,000 element containers is going *way* beyond real world
> > practicality. Compilers are ill-suited for that scale of computation. An
> > external tool would be far better and more practical.
>
> Not necessarily.

If we are currently complaining about the efficiency of 50 elements, then yes,
10,000 elements *is* going way beyond real world practicality.

> What kind of subset of core facilities would you like, then?

The STL is built on top of the built in constructs of the C++ language itself.
A core metaprogramming library has to _implement_ those features. In that
sense, the MPL is like the definition of C++ combined with the STL. This is not
a really big deal to me, but I do think that the core facilities are important
as separate constructs. This type of separation, with metaprogramming libraries
built in levels, makes maintenance much easier and comprehension much higher.

Paul Mensonides