From: Rene Rivera (grafik666_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-11 18:07:32

[2002-08-11] William Kempf wrote:

>>From: "Eric Woodruff" <Eric.Woodruff_at_[hidden]>
>>
>>Bill,
>>
>>Could it hypothetically be done portably if the end user was separated
from
>>main () by an Application class? The body, or "main", of the application
>>can
>>be started in a boost::thread.
>
>Again, yes, but this is simply not acceptable. This idiom will only work
>when the programmer is writing an application. If he's writing a library
>this is out of his control.

And even when they are not writing a library, but using something like
wxWindows (like I am). It's impossible to "take over" main(). So please
don't go in that direction.

-- grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- rrivera_at_[hidden] - grafik_at_[hidden]
-- 102708583_at_icq - Grafik666_at_AIM - Grafik_at_[hidden]