From: Rozental, Gennadiy (Gennadiy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-13 14:38:22

> Boost.Test currently includes 100K of Microsoft 6 project files in
> boost-root/libs/test/build.
23?

> These add a lot of size to the distribution, are problems for CVS (which
> because they are binary, require a full copy every time there is a change,

> increasing the cost of backup),
Why do they binary?

> are of no use to non-Microsoft users, on a
> format that MS typically changes with each release,
Format is easyly convertable.

> and are trivial for a user do duplicate (since Boost.Test doesn't require
sophisticated build techniques.
It's not that difficult to duplicate. But why should we do this every time.
I found myself adding unit_test_framework.dsp to all the workspaces that are
using Boost.Test
Plus every project file have some minor differences that easy t oforget.
Plus workspace support deppendency.

> I think they should be removed. Am I just being grouchy, or do others
agree?
I will be comfortable if decide to remove them. I just thought it would be
convinient for MSVC users.

> --Beman

Gennadiy.