From: Eric Woodruff (Eric.Woodruff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-13 17:16:02

On the previous page Bjarne says "Some people view this as a useful
framework for all errors and exceptions; I don't." I'm sure he has this
opinion expressed elsewhere in a different manor.

Now if you consider that if it was intended for std::exception to be the
ultimate uber-exception for all exception handling in C++, it could have
easily been planted in the global namespace.

Anyhow.