From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-14 13:38:45

It would be helpful if we had a document describing for boost library
developers how to set up Jamfiles for a boost library, describing what the
preffered approaches are, etc. The current Boost.Build docs are more
geared towards using jam in general, but not for the specifics of how
things should be done for a boost library, including how this fits into
regression testing, etc. The document should not try to teach jam in all
the details, but instead just show the common usage patterns, and how
things are expected to be set up for a boost library. The audience I have
in mind is the developers of new boost libraries who barely have enough
time to write the code and docs, let alone learn a new build system.

Cheers,
Jeremy

 Jeremy Siek http://php.indiana.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Student, Indiana Univ. B'ton email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org) office phone: (812) 855-3608