From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-16 11:01:33

At 08:56 AM 8/16/2002, David Abrahams wrote:

>It changes somehow. It certainly won't be called <boost/fstream.hpp>
>anymore.

For Boost, it is actually called <boost/filesystem/fstream.hpp>, but that
is immaterial to Dave's point that the header name will change in some way
that will be determined by the committee.

They might name the header <filesystem/fstream> for example.

Remember that, according to the C, C++, and POSIX standards,
<filesystem/fstream> is the name of a header, not a path to a file.

It's implementation defined how that header name is actually found. Might
be converted into a file path. Might be stored within memory. Whatever.

The committee's decision on what to name the header will be taken in the
larger context of how to provided updated library facilities without
breaking existing code.

To me, using Boost-like header and namespace conventions as I've done with
the Filesystem Library is a good approach, but the issue is very complex
and some committee members have strong opinions on the subject, so I won't
try to guess what they will do.

--Beman