From: Rozental, Gennadiy (Gennadiy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-19 11:58:03

> > 2. Test tools compilation
> > The same as with gcc it requires inclusion of
floating_point_comparisons.

> Not sure what that means, but...
#include floating_point_comparisons.hpp

> > In fact it seems like a feature that
> > need to be handled through config system: instantiate unused templates.

> Does your system require that unused templates be instantiated? If so,
> that's totally unportable. Maybe you should be using something like
> boost/python/detail/force_instantiate.hpp to instantiate templates that
> would otherwise be unused.

Sorry. Bad wording. What I meant to say is: this compiler trying to
instantiate unused template function (I presume it is unused since I do not
think you are using BOOST_CHECK_CLOSE tool), implemented in terms of
close_at_tolerance which is defined in floating_point_comparisons.hpp. The
idea is that users of BOOST_CHECK_CLOSE tool will include it themselves.

> The same as you. The bug occurs in an interaction with (my) other code in
> the translation unit. It sucks, but the best you can do is rename the
> argument to stay out of the way, and hope that you haven't collided with
> any other likely template names.

Ok. I will rename the formal arguments, by adding trailing underscores.

> -Dave

Gennadiy.