From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-19 16:22:55

At 04:28 PM 8/19/2002, Rozental, Gennadiy wrote:

> I feel comfortable with providing permanent minimalist solution for:
>1. Using only execution monitor.
>2. Using simple test tools with (without?) execution monitor
>
>plus online headers for using Test Execution Monitor
>
>But I would not want to pollute headers with the switches based on some
>defines.
>So I could create new subdirectory "online" that will have:
>
>test/online/prg_exec_monitor.hpp - this one for using execution
monitor
>only
>test/online/lightweight_test.hpp - this one for lightweight
>minimalist
>testing
>test/online/test_exec_monitor.hpp - full-featured, but online Test
>Execution Monitor

I'm a little unsure about what's in test_exec_monitor.hpp, so perhaps you
could explain that a bit more?

The rest seems like a good permanent solution.

>This mean that some of the users will need to change C++ code to use new
>headers. To simplify transition I could introduce
>boost\libs\test\src\cpp_main.cpp and add switch into test_tools.hpp that
>will be deprecated later. Depend on macro they will include correct
>permanent header from online subdirectory.

That sounds like a good transition aid.

>How about this?

If I understand you correctly, good.

I think we might come up with better name than "online", but nothing pops
into mind at the moment. Anyone else have a suggestion?

--Beman