From: Tom Howard (tomhoward_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-21 05:21:28

On Tuesday 20 August 2002 2:36 pm, David Abrahams wrote:
> In this case I'm afraid you are. The 'template' keyword would only be legal
> (and helpful) there after a dependent type name followed by '::' :

Yep, you're right, I have that problem elsewhere. I took a detour and had a
look at the code that I was having problems with. The solution I had to use
(I coun't find any other), was to use a dummy parameter. For example

template<typename FPT, typename ToleranceSource>
inline bool
compare_and_continue_impl( FPT left, FPT right, ToleranceSource tolerance_src)
{
     FPT* dummy = NULL;
     close_at_tolerance pred( tolerance_src, dummy );
}

It's ugly and annoying, but it solved my problem (using gcc 2.95.3).

If anyone has any other solutions, please speak up as you don't know how much
I would like to change that code.

Cheers,

Tom