From: John Maddock (jm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-21 05:47:05

> Borland generate strange warnings while linkinng Boost.Test libs. For
> example, prg_exec_monitor consist of 2 modules:
> execution_monitor.cpp and
> cpp_main.cpp
>
> After finishing linking borland generate following warnings:
>
> Warning: 'execution_monitor' not found in library
> Warning: 'cpp_main' not found in library
>
> Though library seems to work if I link it with tests.

It's down to the way we invoke tlib from jam, we use the "update and add"
command line options, which results in the warnings if the lib doesn't
already exist. On the other hand, if we don't use these options then tlib
does the wrong thing if the lib already exists...

I wonder if it would be better to just delete the lib file prior to each
invocation of tlib?

John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/index.htm