From: Larry Evans (jcampbell3_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-23 06:53:17

Philippe A. Bouchard wrote:

>"Larry Evans" <jcampbell3_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>

>>Philippe A. Bouchard wrote:
>>

>>>s_offset could use something similar to map_offset also, but I would
>>>personally prefer a fragmented vector or simply some limited (min, max)
>>>vector because direct access is faster. The bound vector would
>>>

>contribute
>

>>>for mathematics & their huge matrix simplifications at the same time.
>>>

>Can
>

>>>you alter map_offset for bound_vector (or bvector) Larry?
>>>

>>Phillippe, I hadn't really thought about it much, except that the vector
>>is best
>>for speed reasons. The only disadvantage of the vector is it might have
>>a lot
>>uf undefined entries.
>>

>Well it's not that bad because chances are that typeids will be grouped
>together. Ex.: range [10-30] libstdc++, range [50-150] libboost-dev, range
>[180-230] personnal usages, ...

I've also thought about it some more and think I understand your meaning
better.
How about using dequeue with an addition member variable, `int
start_ndx`. Then
the range would be start_ndx...size()-1. Boost probably already has
something, but
I'll look. I'll be away from coding for this weekend, but I will
respond to emails.