From: Victor A. Wagner, Jr. (vawjr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-24 14:18:09

At Saturday 2002/08/24 10:46, you wrote:
>I hope this rerun of The Meta Thread is better than the original...
>
>My interpretation of the latest comments by Bill (= Bill Kempf) was that
>uncaught exceptions should cause a termination, but not of the process,
>but instead of the thread, using some "terminate_thread". There would
>still be no attempt to duplicate that exception for catching in other
>threads (joiners or not). After that comment, the "tumult" ceased, and
>the first iteration of the frensic thread was ended. That I regarded as
>a silent consensus (which was probably totally wrong...).

I think it ended when I offered to help, and Bill provided a set of
"requirements" (damifino where he got them) to go into the code. I figured
I wait until he'd finished all the changes we was going to put into the
release before I started mucking with it. Unfortunately, the release has
been pushed back (and i've been busy anyhow). I got the impression that if
I couldn't produce exactly to Bill's requirements he wouldn't put the code in.

>/David
[deleted]
Victor A. Wagner Jr. http://rudbek.com
PGP RSA fingerprint = 4D20 EBF6 0101 B069 3817 8DBF C846 E47A
PGP D-H fingerprint = 98BC 65E3 1A19 43EC 3908 65B9 F755 E6F4 63BB 9D93
               "There oughta be a law"