From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-27 10:25:54

From: "Geurt Vos" <G.Vos_at_[hidden]>

> There doesn't seem to be any documentation in boost
> acknowledging the existence of checked_delete.hpp,
> checked_deleter<T> and checked_array_deleter<T>.
>
> Any reason for this?

No particular reason. It's on my checklist, at least in theory. If you want
to contribute it, you'll be perfectly welcome. :-)

> IOW, are the file and the two class templates
> officially part of boost? Which would mean I
> can use them with the guarantee they won't be
> removed or renamed in future versions of boost.

Considering that checked_delete should have been standard behavior of delete
by default, I think that the header deserves its place in boost/. The
function object forms are convenient for use with algorithms.

So if others don't object, I'd say that checked_delete.hpp is officially
part of boost.