From: spamjunk (spamjunk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-27 18:01:56

They aren't always known at compile-time. You can create sets dynamically
at run-time, using the constructor. What SetOf allows you to do is, if all
the elements are compile-time constants, create the entire set as a
compile-time constant. You could use the same argument for SetOf, but it
would still have to be "converted" to an actual set of bits before
interacting with other sets, so you wouldn't actually be saving anything.