From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-29 07:20:13

The plan was to do a 1.29.0 branch-for-release last Thursday, but then
several things happened:

* A couple of developers indicated they needed more time to bring code to
a stable state.

* My ISP's upstream connection went down hard mid-afternoon, and took
several days to get working again. Thus no CVS access.

* I left Sunday for a four day trip, without email contact.

Dave Abrahams and I had a phone conversation, and agreed to put the release
off long enough to give people a chance to bring code into a stable state.

(I asked Dave Abrahams to post a message to that effect; I haven't seen
that message so don't know yet if it just got lost in the ISP's problems,
or never got posted. Dave was also headed out of town, at the time.)

So that basically pushes everything back at least another week. Hopefully,
developers can use the extra time to deal with unresolved issues. I'll try
to post a status update as soon as I know more.

I'm running regression tests right now, by the way.

--Beman