From: Philippe A. Bouchard (philippeb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-30 02:11:49

Larry Evans wrote:

> Philippe A. Bouchard wrote:
>
> The sort test may not be changing the refcounts that much. This may be
> because
> all the values are the same. Try using random numbers or just reverse
> the order.

0 will never be lower than 0 and less<> is the default operator. It should
simulate a reverse order.

> Of course, after the 1st sort, it wouldn't matter anymore. However, I
> did this
> and I got much different numbers. Please see:

Reconstruction is less important but still is making the biggest difference
(doubled). The other sectors are similar between shared_ptr & placed_ptr:

Copying becomes a burden for shared_ptr on threaded (default) environments.
 Swaps are null for placed_ptr: