From: John Maddock (jm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-30 06:05:15

> Boost.Test seems to be stable on win32 platform. According to
> http://cci.lbl.gov/boost/results/ IRIX CC compilation still failing due to
> not found symbols in std namespace.
> Could somebody familiar with this compiler check why
BOOST_NO_STDC_NAMESPACE
> does not get defined?

It doesn't appear to be necessary: you are seeing the errors because you
haven't included <cstring> so std::strlen etc need not be defined.

> Does anybody know about any issues with Boost.Test on other platforms?

why are you using:

// for testing on Win32, GCC thinks it is a unix platform
// TODO: figure out how to tell it is really unix
#elif defined(__unix) && !defined(__GNUC__)

There are several things wrong with this:

__unix need not be defined on POSIX conforming systems
__unix may be defined on systems that don't support sigaction etc.
almost all version of __GNUC__ do have sigaction support including cygwin.

How about:

#if defined(_POSIX_C_SOURCE) && defined(_POSIX_VERSION) && (_POSIX_VERSION
>= 199506L) && !defined(_WIN32)

which should be about right if I've understood the standard correctly.

John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/index.htm