From: John Levon (levon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-30 10:24:20

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 04:47:09PM +0200, Carlo Wood wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 03:54:03PM -0400, Toon Knapen wrote:
> > why not
> > void demangle(std::string& o, const std::type_info& i)
> > to avoid the C-style argument overloading.
>
> Because typeid().name() returns a 'char const*'.
> It makes no sense to force people to first copy
> that into a string before they can demangle it.

Toon was referring to your interface having two differently-named
functions (C style function overloading based on name) vs. several
functions with the same name but different signature (C++ style function
overloading based on signature).

> I hate copying strings :)

And I hate cycle-counting, but that's by the by

regards
john

--
"Take the ideas you find useful. Try not to get hung up on the labels."
	- Jonathan S. Shapiro